The Hall of Fame was organized to recognize and to pay tribute to former athletes and supporters of athletics for their exceptional athletic performance while at Tuskegee and/or their loyal dedicated support of athletics as well as their contributions and community service through their professional careers. To serve as a stimulant to student-athletes, especially those with high skills of athletic attainment to seek higher education training at Tuskegee University.
Since the inaugural induction ceremony, November 1974 over two hundred individuals have been enshrined. To be eligible for induction the athlete must have:
The Hall of Fame is governed by a Board of Directors and standing committees established by the constitution and by-laws, the committees are appointed by the Board of Director. The Chairmen of the Board of Directors is elected by the membership of the board at its first meeting. The composition of the Board of Directors is as follows:
- Five members of the Hall of Fame elected by the Hall of Fame Membership
- The Athletic Director at Tuskegee University
- The Director of Alumni Affairs
- Three members at large selected by the Board of Directors
Board of Directors (2016-2020)
- Dr. Robert Wilson III, Chairman
- Otis M. McDaniel, Vice-Chairman
- Paul H. Carney, Treasurer
- James Arrington, Secretary
- Harrell Moore, Financial Secretary
- Dr. Joel McCloud, Jr.
- Lorenzo Ogden Jr.
- Col. Palmer Sullins Jr.
- Jesse Webb
- Curtis Campbell, Athletic Director
- Kymberly Holland, Coordinator of Alumni Affairs
Standing Committees are:
- Nomination and Selection: Col. James A. Tinsley, Chair
- Steering: James M. Hill, Co-Chair; Dr. Robert Wilson III., Co-Chair
- Awards: Otis M. McDaniel, Chair